If you are looking to install a fence on your property in Paterson, NJ, you can view the fence codes (below) to see if your desired project is in accordance with town fence ordinance. Once you have chosen the type of fence and its location on your property, it is recommended to contact the building department to verify its compliance with town code. Submit a fence permit zoning application (printable below) to get official approval for your project.
Along with the application, submit a copy of your property survey, with the fence location marked in red, so the town officials can access your fence compliance and issue a permit. As a fence service contractor we have been installing and repairing all types of commercial and residential fence in Paterson since the 1960’s. Contact us directly at Academy Fence Company with any questions or to receive a fence material or installation price quote.
A.Specifications for the fence required by § 319-5B are as follows:
(1) The minimum height shall be six (6) feet.
(2) The fencing material must be of galvanized metal.
(3) There shall be a minimum of two-inch outside diameter galvanized pipe for all line posts.
(4 )There shall be a minimum of two-and-one-half-inch outside diameter for all terminal posts, gates, ends and corner posts.
(5 )All terminal posts must be set in concrete footings at a minimum of thirty (30) inches into the ground.
(6) All line posts must be driven a minimum of thirty (30) inches into the ground.
(7) Fencing material must be of minimum No. 9 gauge galvanized wire with a two-inch mesh.
(8) Coil spring minimum No. 7 gauge wire shall be used to provide proper tension.
(9) In no case should barbed wire, wood or similar materials dangerous to children be used.
B. It shall be the continuing responsibility of the owner or owners to so maintain the fence and protect the property as hereinabove set forth so long as the same shall remain vacant.
Planning & Zoning
Paterson, NJ 07505